Friday, September 27, 2013

Dr. Kelly Dabs pre-op


 

One of my favorite people, Dr. Dabs my general surgeon. She had a resident with her, who took down all my relevant history, did a very through clinical breast exam, respiratory assessment, and abdominal exam. Took down some of the questions I had and then brought in Dr. Dabs to answer them, most of the activity questions are up to plastic surgeon. My procedure will be 4-5 hrs in length, will probably have pictures taken during procedure, the plastics guys are notorious for having a camera handy. She also told me that all my tissue would be sent to pathology, not that they would find anything, but apparently breast tissue looks like chicken fat. The risks associated is that the skin may be thin enough that blood may not reach certain areas, and so then there would be a need for more reconstruction, and delay on fill times for the skin expanders.

Basically I see her 2 weeks after surgery, she sends me home with Tylenol 3’s for pain. After all is said and down she wants to see the end result so she can audit the plastic surgeons work…lol make sure they are top quality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment